Canadian bitcoin miner Hive Blockchain has actually purchased 6,400 future generation mining devices from Canaan. The Avalonminer 1246 miners will certainly include a mixed 576 petahash per 2nd (PH/s) to Hive’s existing hash power.
● With the enhancement of the brand-new devices, Hive’s overall hash price will certainly raise to an approximated 1,229 PH/s, well past the firm’s initial collective hash price target of 1,000 PH/s for 2021.
● In a declaration today, Hive stated the devices will certainly be supplied in 8 tranches in 2021, with 500 miners supplied in May and also June, and also 900 miners supplied every month till year-end.
● Vancouver-based Hive stated the current acquisition, which is dual the 3,500 miners purchased in 2015, “belongs to our proceeding method to raise our bitcoin mining ability.” For the December 2020 quarter, the company mined 140 bitcoins and also over 22,000 ethereum (ETH).
● According to Canaan’s Internet Shop, the Avalonminer 1246 is costing $1,450 each. The miner is the Chinese firm’s most effective array offered and also features a hash price of 90TH/s.
● Hive runs mining centers that work on renewable resource in Canada, Sweden and also Iceland. Shares of Hive dropped 15% to $2.42 Canadian bucks ($ 1.91) in Toronto trading on Thursday. In the previous 52 weeks, the supply has actually turned to a high of CAD$ 3.50 and also a reduced of CAD$ 0.12. Year-to-date, Hive is down greater than 10%.
What do you think of Hive’s most recent acquisition of bitcoin miners? Allow us recognize in the remarks area listed below.
Picture Credit Histories: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons